Wednesday, July 3, 2013

My Wellness Plan

I attended a class at my chiropractor's office last night about staying well. Basically,  being disease-free and pain-free doesn't necessarily mean that one is healthy. I've known this, but for some reason, last night I really took it to heart. I do try to eat healthy, exercise, reduce my stress, etc., but Dr. Jenna really put it into perspective for me last night. Overall health can be summed up in a DREAM: Diet, Rest, Exercise, Adjustments (of course, coming from a chiropractor!), and Mental Health. And each one comes with its own break-down of how to achieve it. 

So, I decided to make myself a sort of inspirational poster, which turned into My Wellness Plan. It encompasses how I plan to achieve a healthy me by way of each DREAM point. Many of these things I'm already doing, some of them I could improve upon, and some, like "Be a zebra!" are new. (If you're wondering about the zebra thing, it's from a book called Why Zebras Don't Get Ulcers by Robert M. Sapolsky). 

I'm going to hang one up at work, and one beside my desk at home as a constant reminder that health and wellness is more than just not being sick - it's living the DREAM!



1 comment:

  1. I'd like to live a D R E A M too! That's a whole lot different than actually living in a dream world. I admit, though, that I need work in the whole dream. =(

    ReplyDelete